Tuesday, September 10, 2013
1. This book. We've made one every year for 4 years or so, including an animal themed one for this year, but seriously, this is my favorite. I love to look at it over and over again. A couple of my favorite pages below, but they do not do the whole book justice.
2. Wilson's new trick. He flies toy planes with sound effects. Thank you hours of practice watching Dominic fly them around the house.
3. Project Runway. I'm really loving watching this season on Hulu. I love Kate and Helen, with the super feminine looks they are turning out. But Dom has some of my favorite looks this season for sure.
4. NOLA(Night of the Living Art) is getting going for November 2014. I just met with my co-chair today to start picking the next collection. Bring it on!
5. My coworker's reaction to a fairly typical kid issue: At work yesterday, I had a little boy in my reading group do a sort of a 'no big deal but kind of have to pretend it is' thing of making his hand into a gun and pretending to shoot a classmate. So, as he returned to his class, he had to tell the teacher what he had done.
Boy: . . . excuse . . . blah blah . . . so I shooted him.
Teacher: with what?
Boy: (meekly makes a gun with his finger)
Teacher: (so over the top, gasps) Uuuaaaagh! (she grabs his fingers to hide the abomination that they reveal)
I had to leave her quickly to keep from laughing. She is too funny and so great with little boys.